SureStart - Womans Aid - Journey to Freedom
What is it?
This SureStart programme is coordinated by Woman’s Aid. The “Journey to Freedom” is a 13 week personal development programme for women who have experienced domestic violence.
It provides a safe and supportive group process to enable women to explore their experiences of domestic violence and the possible impact upon themselves and their children. The support group provides knowledge to enable women to build self-confidence, make informed choices and create positive change. Journey to Freedom empowers women to look to the future with positivity and hope.
How can Journey to Freedom help you?
If there is physical, emotion, financial or sexual abuse in your relationship, Journey to Freedom can help you to:
- meet other women to talk about experiences, thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive environment
- recognise the impact of an abusive relationship on you and your children
- find out about patterns within an abusive relationship and gain the knowledge and strength to create change
- build your self-esteem and confidence and learn how to keep safe
- make choices that are right for you
- develop a more positive outlook
- improve relationships and attachments with children, and
- increase confidence in parenting role and abilities.
Please do not hesitate to Contact us to find out more about Journey to Freedom or if you have been affected by domestic violence.