Description: SureStart parenting programmes welcome male parents/carers to attend our programmes and also offer some men only programmes for men with children 0-3 years. If you see anything that you would like to attend on our current SureStart planner then please get in touch and we will happy to give you more information.We run a number of men's health nights and fathers day event annually so please keep an eye on our website and social media for events.Target Group: Fathers/Male CarersDuration: OngoingBenefits of Men's Support:
- Being involved in parent and child programmes supports and encourages a secure attachment between a father/male carer and the child.
- Studies show that if a father/male carer is affectionate, supportive, and involved, he can contribute greatly to a child’s cognitive, language, and social development, as well as academic achievement.
- Programmes help fathers/male carers learn about positive parenting and how to become more self-sufficient.
- Fathers/male carers can be a positive role model for boys and help them to adopt a healthy gender identity as well as a better awareness of their feelings and emotions.
- Girls who had more involved fathers/male carers are less likely to face mental health problems later in life. Genuine praise and admiration from a father/male carer can help girls grow up to be an independent, confident woman.