Sure Start Parenting Programme - Cook It
Description: Cook it! is a practical cooking skills programme, promoting healthy eating, particularly where cost is a consideration.
Target Group: Parents - we provide creche facilities for children aged 0-4 years.Duration: 6 WeeksBenefits of Cook It:
- Increased knowledge about food and health, eg. an understanding of healthy eating, the Food Standards Agency’s (FSA) Eatwell plate, and Weaning.
- Increased confidence around healthy eating, eg. confidence to try new foods, and follow or adapt recipes.
- Improved cooking skills – such as cooking techniques and knife skills.
- Attempts to change behaviour to improve nutrition, eg. eating fewer takeaways or ready meals, changing cooking habits to reduce salt, fat or sugar, and eating more fruit and vegetables.
- Outcomes beyond nutrition – such as improved family relationships, improved social skills, and increased confidence.