Breast feeding support group
Description: Breastfeeding support groups are fantastic for women who have never breastfed before or for those who are nursing. Target Group: Antenatal and New MothersDuration: Ongoing
Benefits of Breast Feeding Support Group:
- All sorts of parenting topics will come up at these groups, such as baby sleeping patterns, newborn behaviour, and balancing work and family life. Most mums find the new parenting knowledge they receive from other mums really beneficial.
- Support groups open the doors to building friendships.
- A breastfeeding support group is the perfect setting to ask uncomfortable questions. Support groups offer non judgemental advice, so no topic is off limits.
- Sometimes new mums need support with latching on and holding positions.Other mums in the group will be happy to demonstrate with their little one.
- By seeking support from like-minded women, mothers are more likely to keep breastfeeding for longer.