Description: Baby massage is a programme for parents to apply gentle, rhythmic strokes on their baby's body with their hands, facilitated by qualified Dry Arch SureStart staff. A high quality vegetable oil is used as part of the massage routine.Target Group: Parents with babies aged 6 weeks to pre-crawling stage weeks to pre-crawling.Duration: 6 Weeks. Benefits of Baby Massage:It is fun and enjoyable for both baby and parent.
- Encourages baby to sleep deeper and longer.
- Improves colic and constipation and calms irritable babies.
- Establishes a close, loving communication and relationship with between parent and child.
- Provides opportunity for parents to spend quality time with their babies.
- Strokes can be adapted for use on babies and children with special needs to help them reach their potential.
- Massage can also be adapted for use with children of all ages.
- Babies and children who are massaged regularly are more likely to have a secure relationship with parents and so tend to have better relationships with others, both as children and adults.
- For further information please complete the contact form and a member of staff will be in touch with you or contact us directly on 02877742904 and ask to speak to speak to a member of the SureStart team.